BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 13, 2011

November 13, 2011

33rd Birthday

On my actual birthday I worked in the morning at Redeemer. I had already packed for my trip to South Africa (for the most part), so I went to coffee with Neil and Robyn afterwards. It was a pretty day and quite warm for a November birthday spent in New York City. I remember we talked about a lot of different things but one of them was dreaming about discipleship at Redeemer.

That evening a group of dear friends went to dinner at "Ditch Plains" on the Upper West Side. I was incredibly spoiled. I looked around the room and thought of how much each person had influenced me in the last few years in New York. I remember when I first moved thinking that I would never have community like I've known down south. The folks at this bday table have thankfully proven me wrong. Some of these people have been friends since I came to New York and some are newer. Some are folks I call when I am crying. Some that make me laugh like crazy. Some that talk to me about Jesus. Some that help me throw really fun rooftop BBQs. Some that talk to me about my past. Some that dream with me about my future. I love each one of you people!!


I got 2 covers to my new iphone and several other special gifts. Bethany organized a special book for me where friends wrote 33 things they think of about me or memories with me. I read it on the plane the next day. What an amazing gift! I will point out that almost half of them used the word SASSY to describe me....hahaha!

Thanks so much, Bethany!!!



Looking over this 32nd year, I have to reiterate by saying I have unreal friends. This year has not been the easiest year for me but I've seriously had a wonderful year in the midst of some deep pain. A few things to remember: 

I ran my first half marathon in July in Queens
I also decorated my apartment which was long over due but really fun to pull together. Thanks, Perryn! 


A few other things to remember.....We threw a big 60th birthday party for my mom in September. Neil moved to Texas but just recently moved back...yeah!!  I went to a lot of concerts this year...Sugarland, NKOTBSB, Dave Matthews. I don't normally go to many concerts so that was fun. I also got to go home to North Carolina in August to spend time with my whole family and celebrate my grandfather's birthday.

We also started having a few BBQs on the rooftop where we incorporated some prayer & praise times. I hope to bring that back in the spring & summer.

While I was already 33 when I got on the plane, it has also been a great year thinking and planing for the first Redeemer Team to go to Cape Town.

I'm one blessed girl and I'm looking forward to all God is going to do this year. I keep saying this is my "Jesus Year" because He was 33 when He went to the cross.

0 comments: